Cultural Activities and Free Time
Our school has a varied and interesting activities program. One of the goals of the school is to give a point of reference for students, providing them with a nice place to meet in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere.
Our staff and teachers organize a social program almost every day, and these cultural and recreational activities are included in the cost of the language course. Students only pay for the entrance to museums, cinemas or theatres, for public transport, guides and for evening meals in restaurants.
- Sports Activities: Scuola Portofino gives all information necessary so students may practice their favorite sport. Special discounts are on offer at gyms and sports centers. During your stay in Italy, you can choose to do your favorite sport or to learn a new one: gymnastics/fitness/ yoga, swimming, jogging, tennis, squash, golf, horse riding, cycling, etc. Our guides to sporting activities will help you to best organize your free time.
- Visits to Museums and the City: Every Saturday morning free visits to the artistic monuments of the city are organized under the guidance of the teachers of the history of the art of the School. Almost every afternoon we organize visits to the best important museums of Florence.
- Theatre and Concerts: The school informs students about the musical events on offer in Florence and organizes special evenings at concerts of classical music, jazz, popular music, and ballet.
- Film Showing: In our school: In our school, an Italian film is frequently shown, introduced by one of the teachers of our school.
- Dining out and Aperativo: Once a week, dinner together with the teachers is organized at a restaurant.
- Parties at School: Parties with dinner at the school are periodically prepared and offered to all by the students of our courses.
- Conferences: Conferences and meetings on, culture, customs, and art subjects are regularly proposed by the school
- Day trips on Sunday: Every weekend Scuola Portofino organizes a day trip to other cities or places of interest in Tuscany or Central Italy. From April to October, there are also trips to the sea.