The enrollments of students under 16 years of age are accepted by the institute only if they are accompanied by one or both parents or guardians also 18 years old students need their parents’ written authorization to enroll.
In order to enroll, it is necessary to fill out and send the online enrollment form.
The payment must be made (net of bank charges and commissions) on PayPal or by transfer on the following bank account:
Upon receipt of the sum, our secretary will confirm the enrollment.
Students in need of a study visa must pay all the payments in advance and send us a copy of a valid passport, then can receive a certificate of enrollment to our courses, to be shown to the competent authorities.
In case students don’t obtain the visa, they must inform our school in writing, attaching a document that proves the denial of the visa by the authorities and the original enrollment certificate.
In this case, our school will refund the entire price paid for the course, net of postal or bank charges, deducting the enrollment fee of € 80.
After the certificate is issued, it is impossible to obtain the cancellation or the postponement of the dates except for the denial of the visa.
The expenses for the shipment of the certificate via courier or swift mail will be charged to the student.
The rent for the accommodation must be paid, in case of a stay of less than three months, on the first day of the course. The rent for the following months can be paid each month at the beginning of the course.
Lessons for the Standard Courses take place from Monday to Friday, except Italian National Holidays.
The school is closed on national public midweek holidays. For those days there is no refund.
- If the cancellation is notified more than two weeks in advance before the beginning of the course, our school will retain the € 80 enrollment fee and 15% of the price for the course. Within this date, it’s possible to transfer the course to another person.
- Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons.
- After a group, the course has been confirmed it is not possible to change it with a shorter one or book a course of fewer hours.
- If the cancellation is notified less than two weeks in advance of the beginning of the course, our school will retain the € 80 enrollment fee and 30% of the price for the course.
- Scuola Portofino will not be held responsible for any damage, loss, or personal injury suffered by students in any mode, manner, or circumstance on the school premises or outside of it.
- If the cancellation is notified after the beginning of the course, our school will retain the entire price for the course and the enrollment fee but it’s possible to get a voucher to be used within 12 months.
- Lessons canceled by the student cannot be recuperated.
- Students are required to return all books, films, and other educational tools borrowed from the library to Scuola Portofino 3 days prior to their departure from the school.
- The school does not accept the cancellation of scholarships.
Students who cancel before the completion of the course do not have any right to a refund. Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons. The students may receive a voucher in the case that they have a valid reason to cancel the course. In this case, all the missed hours can be caught up within a year of the course interruption.
- After the documents for the application for a study visa have been sent to the student, the course cannot be canceled, unless the visa is denied. In that case, and in order to be entitled to the refund of the paid sum excepting the enrollment fee of € 80, the student must send Scuola PORTOFINO a copy of the letter of denial issued by the Italian consulate and the original documents issued by the school.
- After the beginning of the course, no refunds are granted, either for irregular attendance or for quitting the course. In case the course is quit for force major causes, it’s possible to get a voucher to be used with 12 months.
- Classes that fall on National public holidays will not be rescheduled or reimbursed. Italy’s National public holidays are on: 1st January (New Year’s Day), 6th January (The Epiphany), Easter Monday, 25th April (Liberation Day), 1st May (Work Day), 2nd June (National Day), 15th August (Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary), 1st November (All Saints’ Day), 8th December (Feast of the Immaculate Conception), 25th December (Christmas Day), 26th December (Day of Saint Stefano).
- All outstanding balances must be paid in full on the first day of the course. Students can pay by cash, international cheque, or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only). On the first day of a new course, students should bring the following with them: 2 passport-sized photos and a photocopy of a document of identification (passport, driver’s license, identity card).
Students are insured only within the school’s premises. We recommend students take out insurance before they leave their home country.
Students authorize Scuola Portofino to store their own personal data in databanks and to send them, from time to time, information, advertisements, and promotions about the school and its courses. Each student, at any time, under the provisions of the Italian law (paragraph 13 of law 675/96) can request the cancellation of all of his/her own data.